We Care ~ We Learn ~ We Succeed
Awhina ~ Ako ~ Angitu
VISION ~ VISION
At Tikipunga High School we will provide good leadership, quality teaching, and an environment which engages our community. All of this will be supported by effective governance.
This will provide the foundation for us to achieve our vision that every student:
- Has the right to be a successful learner.
- Will be viewed as a taonga (treasure) with talents and special aptitudes which will provide the platform upon which his or her personalised learning program is based.
- Has their mana (identity) acknowledged and valued.
- Will not be given up on.
- Has the right to experience New Zealand’s cultural diversity and the understand the unique position of things Māori.
- Has their learning needs catered for.
- Has the provision to study Te Reo Māori from year 7-13.
- Will be provided with a variety of opportunities.
- Is confident their successes will be celebrated.
POUTOKOMANAWA ~ We value:
AKO ~ Everyone learning together.
MANAAKITANGA ~ Empowerment of self and others.
PONO ~ Remain truthful and honest.
TIKANGA ~ The way we do things.
WHAUNAUNGATANGA ~ Knowing, caring and connecting.